Sunday, April 6, 2014

February 24, 2014

  My goodness. it's the season to get sick. Almost everyone we have
gone to see is sick. So sad. Luckily, we're not sick, but we have felt
it coming. Lots of water and fruit for us! The poor elders in our ward
have both spent time throwing up this week.
     We went on exchanges with the sister training leaders. I went
with the sister into the city. These city drivers are insane! I was so
happy I wasn't driving. I had a few heart attacks just sitting in the
passenger seat. Holy cow. I'm so blessed to be in my area. The people
here aren't crazy like they at there. Man. If I get put there and
learn to drive with these people, I'm going to be either a pro or a
maniac behind the wheal in Utah. The closer to the heart of the city
you get, the darker the feeling. It just feels so sad and dark, and
you get people who are so opposite. Some are super mean, and some are
just so friendly. It was a good place for me to practice talking to
people though. The sister training leader did some approaches and then
made me do some. The first two people I tried to talk to completely
ignored me and walked past with looks or extreme irritation. Then we
past a couple more who were super nice. This got me pumped for this
area because people are so much nicer. I was able to hand out two
cards with no fear. Woo!
     While I was traveling with the sister training leader, the sun
had gone down and we were trying to find the freeway so we could meet
back up with the other sisters to exchange back. The freeway felt
impossible to get on. We had no GPS to tell us where to go, so we kept
driving in circles and finally got on, and yes, we were heading in the
right direction. Never complain about Utah freeways again, okay? It's
super intense here. Seriously, I probably got a cardio work out
because my heart was going and going from all the craziness around us.
     I can't recall if I already shared this story or not, but while
Sister Lepule was pulling the car out, a skunk ran out and scared the
tar out of me. Lucky for me, it cared more about running than
spraying. Close call. Oo! We saw dear yesterday and a ton of geese
keep flying by our apartment. The wild life is beginning to come out a
little more because it warmed up a little this past week. From what we
have been told, the weather is supposed to drop again this week. Darn.
At least it's almost March. It's supposed o get nicer in March.
February is supposed to be the worst part of the winter. Hopefully we
won't get anymore polar vortexes (that's what they have been calling
the days that drop pretty low below 0 degrees.
     One of our investigators is getting married. She asked Sister
Lepule and I to be her brides maids. Cool eh? I never knew I could be
a missionary brides maid. Ha! Exciting! :D She also asked us to be the
speakers at her baptism. Ah! Scary! Speaking is pretty scary, but it's
something I'm really learning to do out here.
     Does anyone have any advice on how to work with the ward council.
I need all the advice I can get!
     Have I ever mentioned how much I love priesthood blessings? I
just love them. I love feeling the spirit enter the room as soon as a
blessing begins. Ah! How wonderful! I just love the spirit! The spirit
is super important. I don't think any of us have a complete
understanding of what we have. It's such a wonderful gift and
blessing, that is so powerful, yet, if obedient, is always with us.
How incredible. Always be obedient and worthy to receive the guidance
of the Holy Ghost! Don't take it for granted! Work hard to recognize
and understand the promptings you receive!!!
-Sister Tayla Wells. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment