Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 09, 2013

GGGEEEENNNEERRALLL EEMMMAAIILLL:


This last transfer flew by very quickly. It's hard to believe that Christmas is almost here. Seriously, time is broken on a mission. It makes no sense. A day feels like two, and a week feels like one day. Transfers are tomorrow. We found out on Saturday that we will both be staying in the area. Our area is being split again because so many missionaries are coming out. The ward will now have five Elders and two Sisters. The area we will be covering will be 1/4 the size of the area I covered when I first got here. Goodness, so many missionaries. Our district leader said that our mission is one of the most missionary populated missions in the world. For some reason, God wants this area deep cleaned, or at least that's what it feels like. I have loved receiving letters from people back home. I love letters. They tend to come on the days I need them the most. It makes me pretty happy. :)
This week felt kind of slow, so I don't really know what to say. At the moment, I'm sleepy, so it's hard to even think about what happened this last week. An investigator who had disappeared called the other day. That was exciting. He even came to church. We're so happy for him.
It has been very cold here, and the humidity takes the coldness to the core. It's so cold! I didn't expect to have to buy and wear so much winter clothing. Yesterday, it snowed. Driving freaks me out, so driving in the snow REALLY scared me. I admit, I wasn't the happiest companion in the world as we were driving. The cars slide so easily. There are some crazy Chicago drivers who zip in and out of traffic, regardless of the snow. I'm grateful I haven't crashed. When I come home from my mission, I will be  a pro at driving, right? Oh, and I will forever be grateful that good ol Utah has dry air, and no humidity. Provo is probably colder than it is here, but the humidity and wind make it feel much worse. Crazy crazy.
The ward members here are so stinking nice. I love them all, and I'm grateful I have the opportunity to spend another transfer working with them. They are very great missionaries and super kind overall. By the time I am transferred to a new area, I will be so attached and sad to leave them all. They're just so great! It's amazing how easy it is to get so attached to people when you work so hard to serve them. It breaks your heart when they choose not to accept the gospel or to even try to read the Book of Mormon. My testimony of it has grown so much here, and of how much God loves us. If only people were willing to listen and ask God for themselves if He really is there. People just won't give it a chance. It's so amazing to see those who do give it a chance and then they experience that great sense of peace and joy, and they become so much happier. If only the whole world would give it a chance. It would be such a different place. It would be so happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment