Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 16, 2013

General Email:

Well, to get the complaining out of the way, my body is still aching. I'm working on it though. After figuring out there is some miscommunications going on, I think I have what I need to go see the doctor. I'll be fine. :) 
Sister Bonvissuto and I had a little miracle in searching for people who are less active. The less active we found is name Anthony. He said he had has been less active for a while, and he's ashamed he ever fell away. He told his conversion story. He was suffering from a hangover and was very depressed. He was crying and said a prayer for help. No more than 10 minutes later, the missionaries he had met the week previously were at the door. One asked, "Anthony, are you alright? I felt like we needed to come see you." He said it was then that he knew that the gospel they had to share was true. It wasn't too long before he was baptized. When Sister Bonvissuto and I had come, he said that he had thought the night before, "I wish I had the gospel back in my life to help me and my cousin." His cousin is struggling right now. It was that night that he thought that, that his name jumped out to sister b and I as we were planning on which LA to go see. When we got there, he had a huge grin on his face. He had been surprised we had come when he finally admitted to himself he needed the gospel. He said he quickly thought to himself, "why am I surprised? God helped me once, and he is helping me again. He's always there for me." We taught him and his cousin. It went well and she seemed very interested. Yesterday they missed the appointment, but we talked to his mother. She isn't interested in learning, but she is so happy we have come. She said she can see the chance it has had in her son, and she wants her other son to start the discussions. Wow!
So far, we haven't crashed and died. It's a good sign that I'm improving in my driving skills. The roads have been well kept, so it hasn't been too slippery. I have my scary moments, but I'm improving. I'm sure the Chicago drivers don't agree. They like to pass me a lot, but I'm not ready to speed 12-15 over the speed limit, especially with snow and ice. They'll have to learn a little patience. ;)
I feel like there is always something I want to say, but by the time Monday comes, I can't remember!!! Then when I'm done e-mailing, it starts coming back. I try to tell myself to write these things down, but I forget to do even that. Oops. 
I got a package from grandma the other week. I was so excited! And thank you Aunt Kristy for making me such an awesome scarf! :D I love it lots!!! I have really enjoyed receiving letters from people. They always come when I need them the most. That just reminds me that God loves me and has blessed me with many amazing people in my life. I just need to remember that. Unfortunately, I tend to forget. I'm working on it. Gratitude really has changed me and my outlook on not just the mission, but life overall. There is so much we have been blessed with. God guides us everyday. We just need to look. God truly is there, and we are in fact His spirit children. Out of all the names he has, he asks us to call him Father. How loving! With Him, all will be well. :D What a wonderful promise He has made with us that it we are obedient, He will be there to bless us and watch over us! Never give up. Keep your head high, keep moving forward. This really is the true and restored gospel!!! I hope you know that. That simple knowledge will affect so much. Please, if you know anyone who doesn't know this, share the gospel with them! They need to know. Don't be afraid to tell them. This Gospel can and will greatly bless their lives, should they choose to act on this great gift God has given us. The challenge was given just this last general conference to invite someone by Christmas to come and learn more about the gospel. You're running out of time. Hop to it!!!
Ah, the computer is going to kick me of in just a few minutes. 
I love you all and hope everything is going well.... Woah. Christmas is next week, right?.... Times broken. MERRY CHRISTMAS! 
Love, 
Sister Tayla Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment