Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

My goodness, my companion pointed out that this week is the last week of this transfer. Holy cow, time flies. I remember that at the beginning of this transfer, I was so scared. I was afraid to be behind the wheal of the car, to make decisions, afraid to train, afraid of it all. I'm learning how to do things and to manage time and tools I have. Things have really changed this transfer. I'm not as afraid when I drive. I still don't like free ways, but I'm working on it. It also makes me nerves to drive in the rain. That is just flat out scary here. Sometimes, when it rains, it's like a water fall. Water gushes off the cars. Thankfully, I haven't had to drive in any rain like that.
One of my investigators agreed to be baptized. We had talked to him about it the week before this last lesson. He said that since then, he has had the thoughts constantly in his head that he needs to be baptized, and the feeling has been constant. We are so happy for him. He is so excited for baptism, and he is so good at recognizing the Spirit. He's one of those people who you know God has been preparing to receive his gospel. It's so amazing to watch. It was also a wonderful experience for Sister Bonvissuto and I because we are really learning to listen to the Spirit and to be guided. I usually don't know what to say, but the Spirit takes over and it's all amazing. I love watching the expressions on their face change as they feel the Spirit testify to them. What a wonderful opportunity.
We had a zone conference this last week, and something was announced that has us all excited, and scared all at once. Our mission as been chosen to incorporate technology. We are the 9th mission in the world to do this. Only 1,000 missionaries, which is less than 10% of all the full time missionaries in the world, get to do this. We will be using Facebook and blogging as a proselyting tool to reach and teach people. The Elder who is in charge of managing all the missionaries and their internet use was talking to Elder Perry. He said that he was scared for this very new change. Elder Perry said that this is a scary thing, but that he's sick of Satan controlling the air waves, and that it's time for us to take it. We are charging in head first to battle Satan online. He is not going to want to give it up. He's going to attack and fight as hard as he can. This is a whole new war. It's intimidating, but so exciting. We can do this! What a special opportunity it is to be one of the missionaries who begins this battle, to be in the front charging in head first. This is going to be a big adventure/fight. It's interesting to have it happen at the beginning of my mission. I will be doing this for most of my time here. It kind of feels like a sin to create a Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment