Monday, August 4, 2014

July 14th, 2014

General Email:

Sunday July 6: We did a ward fast for a ward member who is going through cancer treatments. He has been very sick, but since the fast, he is feeling a bit better. :D
Tuesday July 8: I read "Becoming Perfect in Christ" from the July 2014 Ensign. What an amazing talk. I feel like someone was watching and recording my struggles, and then wrote a letter addressing my concerns and giving me hints at how to change. What a great feeling that is. Can I tell you how much I love the Ensign? I LOVE it a LOT. It's like eating delicious spiritual food all the time!
Wednesday July 9: All of the companionships in our district got switched up this transfer but us. We are 90% sure this will be our last transfer together, since it is our third. I don't think I have hear of anyone who has been together for longer than three transfers. We'll see what happens. For a get to know you question, our new district leader asked, it you were in a zomby apocalypse, which Book of Mormon character would you have with you? Both Sister North and I agreed that captain Moroni would be awesome! Come one, he's captain Moroni! Two more people chose Ammon because he was able to chop of the arms of those who tried to kill him because he stopped them from scattering the Kings flocks. We agreed that we couldn't choose Christ, because He can beat and overcome any situation. That's an automatic win. I can't recall if anyone chose a character other than Ammon and captain Moroni. They just rock in zombie attacks. They can kick them out of here! 
Thursday July 10: The Lord really answers our prayers.
Friday July 11: I was studying the scriptures and once again, peace washed over me as I read D&C 29:7. It states, "And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;" What a nice reminder it is that as missionaries, we don't have the responsibility to get everyone to listen. We are here for those who WILL listen, for those you do have a desire to learn and to change, to find more peace in their lives. Also, I got two letters in the mail today. One was from Sister Braten's mom. It had what I needed to hear. It meant a lot to me and was a great reminder of how to defend our minds from Satan's attacks. It helped me realize where I was letting my guard down, how to become strong, and how to recognize truth from his lies... We also went to eat with a less active at a pizza place. It seems to be a popular place for people of all religions. There were us, two sister missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and then there was a Baptist preacher and a preacher for an Evangelical church. How fun. People like to look at funny..
Saturday July 12: We missed dinner, so the ward mission leader made us grilled cheese for dinner. Mmm... I like food. We had planned on eating dinner, but we didn't get the chance, so it was so nice of them to make us food. Their dog likes me, but her fur seems to really like my clothes because she shed all over me in a matter of seconds. Silly silly. We also got to weed some potatoes for a member. It's interesting how there are weeds that look just like the actual plant. It's like they are a counterfeit trying to disguise themselves so they can remain and we pick the wrong ones or leave them with the good. The ward member pointed out how it's just the same with how Satan tries to make the wrong things look correct and make the choice of what to and what not to choose hard. It's so interesting. 
Sunday July 13: What a great sacrament meeting. One of the counselors to the bishop spoke about challenges and it was so good. :) I loved it. The new missionary in our ward also spoke. What a great way to get the know the ward, right? He gave an amazing talk, and what stood out to me was the importance and power of the Book of Mormon. People try to find ways to help others come closer to Christ and to build their faith in Christ, but the best way that we can't avoid is using the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the key to anyones conversion. It truly is. I have had many people ask me why we even need a second book. Well, the answer is pretty obvious to me, but no matter how hard I try to explain it to someone else, they just don't understand. They need to experience reading the book for themselves and feeling the Spirit testify to them that it is true. So powerful! It's true it's true!!!
Monday July 14: We got to clean our car. Yay! I always love cleaning the car, and the getting a yummy smelling air freshener. It adds the perfect touch. We are sitting in the library right now, and the guy sitting next to me keeps looking at the screen. Hmm... Can you see that I'm writing about you? Ha ha, no, he doesn't. He' s looking at his screen again. But he keeps looking over, so, maybe he will. Anyway, we got to have lunch with a ward member who is super awesome. He has done miracles for me. For a while I haven't been able to sleep well because my back would ache and ache. This wonderful ward member, chiropractor, and friend has helped fix my back up pretty well to the point that I can sleep through the night now, and I feel so much better!!! The Lord truly blesses us in so many ways, especially though others. He is using his talent and passion for chiropractic work and is helping so many people, and a lot of us missionaries. :)
Have an awesome day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment