Saturday, January 11, 2014

December 30, 2013~ Christmas Week

General Email:

This last week was quite the blur. I don't really know where to start. Christmas feels like it was two to three weeks ago, not just last week. Goodness. 
Well, I feel like I was pretty spoiled. I received three packages filled with presents. You all spoil me too much. I don't think I will have the right or opportunity to say I have been forgotten for another year. ;) I enjoyed seeing that most of the presents were edible, so I wouldn't have to worry to much about how to pack everything up when each transfer comes, or when it's time to come home. God gave me a great Christmas present. We haven't crashed and died yet. I have been pretty lucky with not slipping on the ice. One of the Elders likes to speed. I'm worried he's going to slide the car and die (just a little worried. He seems to know what he's doing with driving in the snow). Crazy Elder. Elders in general are just crazy and easily carried away (No offense intended to all my friends who are male and served a mission, you have to admit. You get distracted easily and are just crazy ;D). I haven't gotten sick either! No colds or anything. I guess I have been sick, but not sick in the virus spreading way. I got my results from the doctor. I'm just low on Vitamin D. That affects fatigue and mood. I'll be getting some vitamins for that today, so I'll but up and running in no time! The sun doesn't like showing itself here during the winter, so it's hard to get vitamin D that way. That's one reason I'm grateful for living in the good o'l Utah desert. Even during winter, the sun is still out and shining. If you are one of those people who complains about living in Utah, take president Uchtdorf's advice and "Stop it!" :) Count your many blessing. Oh! Make it a new years resolution. That's what one of mine will be. It really works. You should do it too.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and had the opportunity to bless someone else. For those of you who didn't take the challenge that was issued at our last general conference, to invite at least one person to learn more about this gospel before Christmas, I invite you to do so now. Seriously. Do it. Just do it. It won't ruin your friendship with that person. Just do it. Invite them over when you have the missionaries over for dinner, and hold a short family home evening afterwords, giving the missionaries an opportunity to teach (trust me, they'll appreciate it).
 Also, just so you know, the missionaries can't do this work all on their own. They need you. They REALLY need you. I didn't realize just how much a missionary needs the ward members until now. It's insane. So, start finding people. Talk to them, get to know them. Make friends with everyone! Be a good example and representative of the gospel. Get out there. This is a war between good and evil. Literally! I'm realizing that more each day. If you do that, people will be even more open to learning more about the gospel, and their lives will be blessed because of your courage. Hop to it!!! Love you all!
Love, 
Sister Tayla Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment