Monday, January 27, 2014

January 20, 2014

General Email:

What a week. It's hard to know where to start. Oh goodness.
For starters, do you remember how I told you about Brother Silski, the
ward member that was in the hospital, and that he was like a grandpa
to me? He passed away. :,( it broke my heart. We attended the funeral
on Tuesday. There is something wonderful about LDS funerals. We
already know where they are once they pass away. We know everything
will be okay. We have Gods wonderful plan in our lives. I feel lucky
that I'm a missionary and I get to tell people about it. People need
to know that there is so much to be happy about! I like to imagine
that I have another guardian angel. We are going to have dinner with
Sister Silski tonight. It will be nice to see her one last time. And
yes, I'm leaving. We got the transfer calls last night. I'm getting
transferred for the first time since I came here! But I will discuss
that in more detail at the end of this letter.
Anthony (The less active member) is so wonderful. He's on fire and
wants to increase in his knowledge of the gospel. He's so excited and
he has so many goals he wants to reach. I'm so proud of him. He helps
Sister Bonvissuto and I see the joy of being missionaries. It brings
such a wonderful feeling to see the gospel change someone's life and
to know we got to be a part of that. There are so many more out there
who are waiting to hear, we just have to find them! As Anthony put it,
we are digging through the dirt to find the gold. His mother has seen
the change in him and wants her other son to learn as well. She loves
the change she is seeing. He's so excited to share the Gospel with the
rest of his family. It's so amazing.
An investigator, Wendy, seemed to not be as interested for a while,
but now things are changing. The last couple of lessons we have had,
the Spirit has been so much stronger. Her husband who is a less active
member is reading the Book of Mormon every night now. I'm so excited
for them!!! I can picture her getting baptized, both of them becoming
active members, and then getting sealed in the temple with their
daughter. Wouldn't that be so wonderful?! The last lesson we had, she
opened up about how she knows the Book of Mormon is true and how she
knows she needs to be baptized, but right as she was about to tell us
what her concerns are, her daughter had to go to the bathroom so she
was interrupted. By the time she got back, the conversation changed.
All we could think was, "Ah!" We will be meeting with her again
tonight. I'm sad this will be my last time teaching her. I wanted so
badly to see her get baptized. I'll be so happy to hear about it. :) I
want to invite her tonight, and I hope she'll say yes! That would mean
the world to me.
We got a referral last week. We called him and as soon as I introduced
myself as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints, he got so excited. He told me his story and it is heart
breaking! He and his wife had been married 20 years. She had just been
baptized and as they were working on going to the temple, she got
cancer. She passed away two months ago. He is still hurting very much.
He said he walks to her grave very day and reads the Book of Mormon to
her. Doesn't that make you want to cry? I met him for the first time
yesterday. We found a ride for him to get to church, and he so happy
to finally get back to church. He had moved here to bury his wife but
didn't know where the church was, so he hadn't come for eight weeks.
He even feared up and cried during sacrament meeting, especially
during the hymns and when someone shared their experience with a
sister getting sick and dying from cancer. I'm sad that was the only
time I would get to see him. I would have loved to teach him. He needs
to know that he can be sealed to his wife and that families are
forever!!!
Now, for the last part of my email, I will talk about the dreaded
transfer call. Considering I have been in the same area for four
transfers, almost six months, it was obvious I was going to get
transferred. I had heard of people staying in the same spot for five
transfers, and to be honest, I wanted to stay here for just one more.
There were more opportunities appearing and so much I wanted to do,
but I guess The Lord needs me else where. I will be heading to Gurnie
1st to finish training a new sister. This makes me laugh and want to
cry at the same time. I have been training from the very beginning. I
started my second transfer. Considering I only had one transfer to be
taught, I feel like there are some things I'm missing. I was hoping to
get someone who knew more than me and could help me see where I might
be going wrong, correct any bad habits, but, I guess The Lord trusts
me enough to keep training the new missionaries. I can't help but
wonder what The Lord sees in me. I never imagined myself being thrown
into leadership roles from the beginning, but here I am.  I know it
will be okay, but at the moments, my heart still wants to crack from
the thought of leaving all of these wonderful people. I love them
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was told I was leaving, part of me wanted to
say, "You'll never take me alive!" But I'm sure this next companion
will be awesome and there will be so many amazing people to meet in
that area. Everywhere I go, there are so many great and amazing people
to meet.
Did anyone take me seriously when I gave the challenge last week to
give a Book of Mormon to someone by the end if the month? You should
have! Get to work!
Sincerely,
Sister Tayla Wells


P.S: Dad and Lacey, I am out of time so I can't write individual
emails to you. Maybe I would have if you would have written me this
week (I'm partially joking here). Why didn't you write? Tut tut tut.
Shame. You better write next week! :D I'm looking forward to hearing
from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment