Tuesday, July 8, 2014

April 28, 2014

General Email:

Ha, so I almost forgot to write the general e-mail. My bad. It's crazy to read my e-mails every Monday and to read about all the different things that are taking place. There's so much happening and everyone is growing up and moving on in life. Wow. It will be such a shock to come home and see all the different changes taking place. I'm super excited to know that my aunt got baptized!!!!!!!!! Woo!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!! :D I'm super happy. That's just great.
We have an awesome investigator. She has a baptismal date set for May 24. Cool, eh? I hope she can keep pushing forward. Her testimony is growing so much. It makes me so happy. We are meeting many great people out here. I have been told by many that this area tends to be a missionaries favorite because the people are so nice, not necessarily because people will actually listen. Overall, it has a good feeling to it, and the drivers aren't insane like they were in my first area, just inpatient at times. 
Something I'm learning more about this week is how to apply faith in finding, and more about how God answers prayers. Often, He turns us to the scriptures. The scriptures contain so much information, it's insane. Wow. I love that we have been so blessed to have scriptures. The people who stand in their doors and bad mouth the Book of Mormon or who don't believe there can be any more than the Bible are missing out on so much. The Bible even talks about the Book of Mormon, and the Book of Mormon testifies of the Bible. Everything is there. Why can't people see it? How can they shut out the Spirit as it testifies of the Book of Mormon? It just doesn't make sense to me. It's so sad to see them reject it. They think it's something crazy, but if they would just listen, they could find out it's true!
There are so many people who won't even let us say a word. We ran into a man like that last night who opened the door, saw us, and quickly said, "See you later," and closed the door in our faces. Too many lack kindness, too many have closed their hearts to what is good. Sometimes, seeing such bitterness and anger makes me fear for the world. At other times, I feel so good knowing that God is in charge, that everything will be okay, and He's still working with some to help them be prepared to receive his Gospel. Those people who are prepared are out there, we just have to find them. All will be well in the end. :)
~Sister Tayla Wells



No comments:

Post a Comment