Tuesday, July 8, 2014

May 19, 2014

General Email:
This week was an interesting week. We had a zone meeting and exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. The zone meeting was powerful! Pretty much, we were called to repentance, but told we were so loved and to keep trying. There is always room to improve, to be more obedient. We are working super hard to fix any areas where we might be slacking. The night we had zone conference, we also did the exchange. Sister Bradly, one of the STLs, came here, and my companion, Sister North, went up to Chicago. To be honest, I really don't like being placed in leadership positions. Staying in my area meant that I was in charge. Ha! Any way, that really showed me where I could improve and change, so it was a good thing. Sister Bradly was very encouraging. We went to the library the next morning and when were were leaving, a woman was walking out as well. She was so nice and kept smiling, and didn't shun us when we said hi to her and held the doors open. As we walked back to our car, I got the feeling to give her a pass along card. Of course, I chickened out because she got into her car, so we got into ours. But I felt the feeling even stronger, so I told Sister Bradly and we hopped out, walked over, and knocked on her car window. Ha ha, she wasn't weirded out at all! She was super happy! When we introduced ourselves and gave her a pass along card, we found out she used to be an investigator about two years ago. She said she wasn't interested at this time, but she was super nice! She even waved when she drove away. Later that day, we were driving passed a neighborhood where we have an investigator that kind of disapeared before I came to the area. I got the feeling to go find him, so we did. He was home! He wasn't there when we came for our return appointment. :/  We also went tracting and found a cool new investigator name Tom. When it came time to have an appointment with him, we couldn't find anyone females to come with us, no one his age that he could connect with (the mission rule for safety is 3 females to 1 male). So we prayed, and we felt it would be good to call Daniel. We met at an ice cream shop which, come to find out, doesn't have a place indoors for us to sit, so we had the lesson outside on the benches. It was so cold!!!!!!!! Our poor member wasn't dressed warm enough, but he toughened it out. :) When we got home from the lesson, he texted us and told us he saw a truck at a neighbors that looked just like the one that our investigator drives. Come to find out, they live three houses away from each other!!! What?!!!!!!!!! How cool is that!!!!! :D
I'm learning a lot this week. A big thing is how to listen to the Spirit. I think I have been slacking on that lately. Oops. Never too late to improve!!!! :)
Love ya'll! 
Sincerely, Sister Tayla Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment