Tuesday, July 8, 2014

April 8, 2014

General Email:

Sorry I wasn't able to write yesterday. We got to go to the temple
today! So we moved P-Day to today. The temple is always wonderful to
go to. Want to know what else is awesome? Conference. This one felt
very different from the last one. Last conference in October,
missionary work was very emphasized. This time, it was aimed at the
members of the church changing. Obedience and concurring fear was
huge. It's true though. Why are we all so afraid to share the gospel?
The gospel has greatly blessed our lives, right? Then why not share it
with others? If someone takes offense that we are sharing something
that we love and has blessed us, then oh well. There are so many
people who are searching for the answers we have, which is something
I'm learning. While tracting, an awesome man we met mentioned he was
searching for peace and happiness in his life. We have an answer for
that! :D Do members of the church really know what we have? Probably
not. But if we develop the attitude of gratitude and really look at
what we have, we will increase in our understanding of what we have.
Gratitude is something I have been working hard on and try to emphasis
with each companion. Gratitude makes life and the work easier. As soon
as President Uchtdorf started talking about gratitude, I was filled
with so much excitement! Yes!!!!
Ha ha, so, another thing that stood out to me was how they kept
telling us to stop fearing, to be brave, and stand up for what is
right. I have seen so many people conform to the standards of the
world while moving away from God. No!!! Stop it!!! It's so clear that
we are all being attacked more than ever before, and as predicted, the
hearts of men are failing them. People are putting their faith into
the world instead of Christ. I began reevaluating my heart a couple of
weeks ago and found that I was fearing man more than God. After lots
of work, I'm focusing my thoughts on what God thinks of me more than
man. Let me tell you, my faith is growing from that, along with
confidence while knocking on doors. That has to tell you something!
Don't be afraid! Trust God! When people used to say to rely on God, I
couldn't help but think, "How? Am I not doing that? How I can do that
any differently?" Well, here's an answer. Focus on all that God has
given you. Be grateful. Don't look a thinks and doubt your abilities
to do it, just do it. If it's God's will, then you CAN do it. Don't
argue, just do it. :) I need to master that! You can to!
This is the last week of the transfer. Ah! We get told on Saturday if
we are staying or going. I don't want to leave!!! I love this spot, so
hopefully, both my companion and I will stay. We are learning so much
from each other, especially because we are such opposites. :) oh!
Guess what! We prayed about a street to go to, and on that street was
a sister and daughter of two members of our ward and she invited us
back. On the same street was a very nice guy who, come to find out,
went to seminary a couple of times with friends I think he said. Cool,
eh?!!!!!
Oh! It's warming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We survived the crazy winter!
Hopefully, it won't snow again.
-Sister Tayla Wells





No comments:

Post a Comment