Tuesday, July 8, 2014

June 16, 2014

General Email:
This past week... wasn't one of my favorite, yet, great things happened. First off, lets talk about the annoying stuff. People like to argue and try to tell you your wrong. All we do is ask if we can share a message, and they go crazy. This week, there were three main people who liked to bible bash in a way. The funny thing about meeting each of these people is that they don't prove anything to me. They just confirm to me more than ever that this gospel is true. I feel it, I know it, I live it, I love it. Their logic is strange and they contradict themselves a lot. I wonder if they really know what they are saying. They make no sense. I just don't understand them and why they do certain things. But, seriously, this church is so true. It's just true. Goodness, why can't people understand that? Why is it so hard for people? Why are their hearts so hardened? This is just mind blowing for me this week. 
On the other hand, we had a great lesson with our investigator Debbie (If you are going to share my letters, please disguise the names out of respect for their privacy). She was struggling to recognize the Holy Ghost at first. She had been taught not to listen to her feelings, only logic, and had been taught that the Holy Ghost meant evidence of a prediction. It was like a proof thing, metaphoric and such. We have struggled to help her understand that the Holy Ghost is and actual being. During a lesson, it came to mind to ask her "who" the Holy Ghost is, emphasizing that simple word. Who? Not, "how can we recognize the Holy Ghost," or "what does the Spirit do?" Just, "who." That really got her thinking and it changed everything. It flipped the switch in her mind. She understands! This past week we asked her how she was doing in recognizing the Holy Ghost. She said she was doing better, and to her, the Spirit feels like a tingly feeling. When we had taught her about the Holy Ghost, we had never used that word to describe how it might feel. She figured this out all on her own. She knows it's true!!! She has grown and changed so much within the past two months that I have been here. She really is learning a ton. It's amazing. :) It's people like her and my amazing friend that got baptized in my last area that make everything worth it. :) They make it worth it to run into mean people who want nothing more than to hurt you. They make all the knocking on doors worth it. I love them. They are so special. :) I'm out of time to write! Ah! 
Sincerely, Sister Wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment