Tuesday, July 8, 2014

June 02, 2014

General Email:
So, I'm just about out of time, so I will be making this quick. I think I wrote about my birthday, but I'm not sure, so I'll recap really quick. The relief society gave Sister North and I a chocolate cake for our birthdays! How fun. :) and then we went out and ate with the Daubek family. They are so cool. It was Sister Daubeks birthday just a few days before mine, so we had a cake to celebrate three birthdays. :) Sister daubek was given a card that says, "Your not old until the fat lady sings." As soon as you opened the card, it would make the sound of opera singing and there was a picture of a fat opera lady. Brother Daubek opened the card and said, "You're fat... Oh, wait. No, you're old. I read that wrong. I'm so sorry. I read that so wrong." We started laughing and then Sister Daubek replied, "You know what, I'm going to go drown my sorrow in that cake." Bah ha. Then we all started  juggling. :D
We went tracting on a street that had stood out to Sister North. We were knocking on doors when my allergies hit hard, and I couldn't stop coughing. We saw the plant I'm allergic to and we skipped many houses so we wouldn't be down wind from the place. It was blowing all the pollen in my face or something. So, anyway, when we got to a spot where my allergies stopped, we were in front of a house with loud music. We walked up and had to knock three times for someone to hear us. Sister North introduced ourselves and when she asked if we could share a message with her, the lady said, "Sure, come on in." At first were both thinking, "Whoa, are you serious?" And we got to share a little bit with her. We have a return appointment with her tonight. She is so nice. She's 23. She has a two year old son who is a big flurt. She kept giving us hugs and putting his head on my arm. His mom kept laughing and picking him up saying, "he's such a flurt. I blame his dad. He got it from him." :)
I hope you are all taking Elder Ballards challenge to share the gospel/invite someone to learn more about the gospel every quarter (three months). Take it seriously. Just remember, the Lord takes you seriously, so we need to take Him seriously. He's doing everything he can to help us. We need to do everything we can to help Him. 
Have a great rest of the week! :)
~Sister Tayla Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment