Tuesday, July 8, 2014

May 26, 2014- Birthday Week-

General Email:

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! It was a good birthday. In
the morning, I found that my companion had created a birthday Easter
egg hunt that had numbered pieces of a note. I had to collect all 21
pieces to put it together to see what it said. It was great! She's so
nice! Then, in relief society, they announced that it was my birthday
and that it had been my companions birthday the week before (she's a
week older) and gave us a cake. So cute! :D Man, 21 years. I'm old. ;)
This week was a good week. One investigator went to institute and
another came to the relief society dinner. The week was slow though. I
was a little sick, and then my companion is feeling a little sick. The
weather has been very jumpy. It is either winter or summer. Yesterday
and today decided to be summer. Maybe that's messing with it. It sure
is affecting allergies for many people. We got the knows about
transfers on Saturday. Everyone in my district is staying! :) I will
be in Indiana for another 6 weeks. How nice. I have a lot I can learn
here. It's amazing how much there is to learn! Especially when the
Spirit is involved.
Because this week was a slow one due to sickness and people missing
appointments, I don't early have too much to cover. I would like to
say this though. We as members of the True church have so much work to
do!!! Let's hop to it. People still aren't trying to be missionaries.
They aren't even doing family home evening, family/individual
scripture study, or family/individual prayer. If we can't even do
these simple yet vital things that God has asked us to do, how can we
expect to be prepared to listen to the prophet and apostles and to
share the gospel with EVERYONE? We need to make an effort to do these
things and rate them as a high priority in our lives. We need to be
missionaries in our own homes. When we make room for this, everything
else falls into place, and we invite God into our lives to change us
faster into something greater, to help reach the highest potential.
Please make sure you do these things. God never intended for us to be
so busy that we forget to include Him in our lives. If we are "to
busy" to do these things, then something needs to change now. Make
room for Him and He will make room for you. Lastly, make sue you are
ALWAYS striving to have the Holy Ghost with you at ALL moments,
EVERYDAY.
I love you all!!!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment